We were so excited watching the temperatures drop down below freezing, and the chances of snow getting higher. It could only be the perfect combination for a SNOW DAY! On the morning of Jan. 7 we woke up to temperatures around 15 -18 degrees, and I had already seen an early morning flurry before we left for school. They were saying it was a 70 percent chance that it would snow in the afternoon, and that was exciting. I bundled Harmony up like the poor kid in "The Christmas Story" (well her arms didn't stick up).. When I dropped her off I said, "Don't be surprised if school is called off early." As I'm sitting in my living room just hanging out I notice that the snow has started falling, and is starting to stick pretty quickly. I got a phone call from my sister saying that Alcoa was letting out early, and that I needed to check the news for Knox. As soon as I turned it on it said that Knox Co. would be releasing 1 hour early.I was so excited. It stuck really good to all of the concrete surfaces, and not as good on the grassy ones. It snowed enough overnight to cover the roads leaving them too hazardess to drive. So, they also got out on Friday...yAy! We played outside until Harmony's face looked frost-bitten.. We sled down our tiny hills on garbage bags and garbage can lids. Then, Harmony rode her bike and scooter. Tony made Harmony a pull sled out of the garbage can lid for us to pull her in, and it was very COOL! She also got to ride on our nieghbors four-wheeler that he let Tony borrow. It was a long fun cold day! I miss the snow!!!

Harmony and I
Look, its a turtle!!
Harmony & Tony 4 wheelin in the snow!!
Harmony loved riding her bike in the snow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment