A friend of mine said the coolest thing to me yesterday. We were talking about the bible, and how people say it can be contradictory. We also talked about how its said that sometimes people interpret it the way they want in order to make them feel better about their own decisions. Here is what my friend says to me, "Look, what I think is that the bible was written to be an inspiration to us, and not to discourage us." The bible, a tool for inspiration... WoW! I have always looked at the bible as just a learning tool filled with important lessons for life. After 29 years of being the daughter of a preacher, and being around every walk of Christian life, this was the coolest description of the bible I have ever heard. So, the next time I open my bible, I will think of it less as studying and more of finding inspiration!!!
Love-Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment