Tomorrow will mark the 7th year since my mom went on to Heaven to take her place among the angels! In memory of this beautiful lady I would like to tell you a little bit about her. Where to start is the hardest part, because she was the most amazing woman I have ever known and ever will know!
Joye Kosier-Collins was born on August 15, 1950 to two wonderful parents who lovingly raised her as their only child. She had a love for life, and didn't waste a second of living it. She loved to travel and seek out adventure.. She loved playing the piano and singing. She had the voice of an angel. She loved books and telling jokes, and making people smile. She loved animals, but especially her childhood dog Brownie. She loved the water and especially the ocean. She loved sweet tea and diet coke, bbq sandwiches and spaghetti. Her favorite color was red, and so was her first convertible!!! The Beatles and Elvis were her favorite musicians. She graduated from Fulton High School Class of 68', and held the highest honor of Valedictorian. She was the smartest woman I have ever known. In autographs left in her yearbooks other kids referred to her as brilliant, beautiful, brainy, sweet, and even a whiz kid. She was all of those things but so much more! When I think of my mom I think of words like: classy and compassionate, brilliant and beautiful, funny and adventurous, motherly and strong. She was pure perfection in my eyes! To know this woman, to be in her presence, was a blessing beyond anything I have ever experienced. Even long after she was diagnosed with MS, she had a light that never went out. A light that I can still feel shining on me today!
I love you, momma! A day doesn't go by without me thinking of you. I try so hard to make you proud of me, but you left big shoes to fill. I hope that I can be even half of the mother to Harmony that you were for me. Thank you for always being so positive when it would have been so easy to just give up! I'll be loving you ALWAYS!!!
Your Daughter,
Melody Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment