Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fall Festival

This year at our first PTSO Board meeting, we decided on having our first ever Fall Festival at ABES! There was so much time, preparation, and work put into the event. I was so happy with the outcome, and it was so much fun! The day as a whole was pretty insane for me, but in looking back, I have nothing but pleasant memories. 

My day started off by getting a call to sub in PAC (Personal Accountability Class). This class is pretty much in school suspension for elementary aged children. I had one child for part of the morning, and then I was free for a couple of hours. I had time to help run some copies, and staple together our info packets for the event. Then, I had two more children come to me so it was back to the classroom for the remainder of the school day. 

The second that school ended Harmony and I had to race off to gymnastics for her weekly hour long session. She did great as always, but I worried that she would be so tired that she wouldn't enjoy the nightly events.

From there it was right back to the school to enjoy an hour and a half of the festival with Harmony. We really did enjoy ourselves. There was a hay ride, a cake walk, face painting, bouncers, games, basket drawings, and food galore. After our play time was over, I had to report to the cafeteria for food line duty. It was so busy and so loud, but I was happy because this was fantastic for our school. I stayed after for clean-up duty and then finally made it home by 9:00. WoW, what a long day!   

Love, MeL  


Harmony on the hay ride.

Harmony with the school mascot!

No comments:

Post a Comment