We got Harmony her first bike Christmas of 2006. It was a beautiful, shiny, blue and pink Cinderella bike. It came complete with tassels, basket, bell, and of course training wheels!!! We had tried to pursued her to learn to ride without them Summer of 2008, but she was not ready. Harmony always does everything in her own time, you just cannot rush her. When she is ready she will blow your mind with how quickly she picks things up, but patience is a must with this sweet little girl.
This Summer she came to me and said she was ready to try riding without her training wheels. I was so excited. We got her all geared up, Tony removed the training wheels and took her to the cul-de-sac. Attempt one, no good. Attempt two, no way. By attempt three she was near tears, and too scared to even go on. There sat the bike in the garage for 4 months with no one to ride it. We left the wheels off as encouragement, but she would not try.
On November 3, 2009 after church she says to me, "Mommy, I think I can do it now!" She had the most serious look on her face. I said, "Okay!" We geared up again, and back to the cul-de-sac we went. This time I decided to stay with her rather than dad. Attempt one, "Don't let go yet!" Attempt two, "Are you letting go, Mommy?"
Attempt maybe twenty,
Harmony: Let go Mommy!
Mommy: Are you sure?
Harmony: Yes.
Mommy: Are you really sure?
Harmony: Yes!
MeL
I don't know why, but I get teary-eyed at this picture! It represents so much more than riding a bike!
Here is the proud Thumbs Up!!!
One day this will be a car. Again, here comes the tears!
Showing off her shiny new kickstand. Her daddy got her this for doing a fantastic job!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment