Saturday, November 21, 2009

Halloween 2009

Rain Rain Go Away......


This seemed to be the story this Halloween, as the rain came down just minutes before time for trick-or-treaters to start making their rounds. We had spent our day carving our pumpkins just in time for the big night. I did a "Stack o' Jacks", Harmony did "Fatty Batty", and Tony did a "Candy Munching Goblin". They all turned out fantastic! Now, would they survive being lit out in the rain?

We have lived here for almost 5 years now, and every year over 100 kids make their way around our neighborhood. I was for sure that the rain would put a "damper" on things, but they still came. They came with umbrellas, ponchos, hoodies, and even rain boots. Nothing was going to stop these kids from getting their treats! We had about 113 trick-or-treaters this year. Harmony loves to pass out candy with me, but soon became tired of the cold and rain and went in seeking warmth.


I was surprised at the turn out, but when it comes to kids and candy, I guess I shouldn't have been! :-)

MeL


P.S. The pumpkins did just fine!  


Harmony with her pumpkin.



Cutting out her Fatty Batty pattern.

Showing off her pumpkin!


Harmony the Zebra with her pumpkin! She did a nice job this year, and almost completely on her own!

Tony's Candy Munching Goblin

My Stack O' Jacks



No comments:

Post a Comment